weekday yoga

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

my friend Vanessa knit me these cute and cozy  foot warmers

It's only taken me a year, but I'm pleased to say that I have finally found a good rhythm with my yoga practice. I love going to my local studio for a class, but after having a baby, I found it practically impossible to do so. Between my husband's long work hours and the constant exhaustion, it just wasn't a priority. It was a bit easier in Vancouver with my mom and husband around to help, but back in Sydney, things went downhill again.

But over the last month, I've developed a routine that works really well for me. Every weekday morning at 9 am, when Clementine goes down for her first nap, I practice yoga in the living room for 30 to 60 minutes. I also try to get to one yin class a week, and if I'm lucky, maybe one vinyasa class.

A few things that have made this possible for me:

  • I keep it short, usually practicing for 30 to 45 minutes. If I go any longer I start to stress about all the things I need to do before Clementine wakes up.
  • I watch videos. This helps me to feel like I'm practicing in a studio, and keeps me motivated. I use, and highly recommend, My Yoga Online. 
  • After I shower, I put on my yoga clothes straight away. That way, as soon as I put the little one down to sleep I'm ready to go. No excuses.
  • I make it a priority. There will always be housework to do, but it can wait. 
p.s. I'm reading Poser this week and it is so good

4 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you've found your groove. I've been practicing with YogaGlo and really enjoying it. Of course, I'm sticking to the prenatal classes. I love how much better I feel when I'm practicing regularly. It's going to be challenging this month to keep it up with travel and such but I hope to keep regular yoga throughout the rest of this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, so jealous!!! I still haven't got a good routine going. When I can, I get up a bit earlier than the rest of the family and do a bit, but it's hard when they all wake at different times and Delphi needs a feed as soon as she wakes up. I have been trying to get to two classes a week which means sticking the girls in the car, driving 30 minutes, giving them to Nick and then doing the class. I don't mind it too much, but I do feel bad that the girls are sitting in the class for an hour. One day they'll understand though!!!

    I'm also reading Poser! I feel as though the 'mum scene' the author refers to is the same as the one where I live (and online!)... scary stuff ha ha!

    Linda. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying "Poser" - there were quite a few profound paragraphs for me. Cute feet warmers x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's coming up Winter, so I'll definitely need a pair of those cosy foot warmers.

    I'm glad you found the time to do Yoga. It's always important to keep yourself psychically well as well as mentally. :)

    Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

this little port All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger