home for the summer

Tuesday, August 6, 2013





Going home is such a nice feeling. My husband hasn't been here in a few years, and I haven't been here during the summertime for 5 years! And the best thing about this trip is that we have 2 whole months. Typically, the hardest part about visiting home as an expat is that you have so little time to squeeze everything in. There are so many thing we want to do while we're here - like swimming at the beach and hiking the Chief - and we can tick them off our list slowly but surely.

For now we're taking it easy while we recover from the flight and the accompanying jet lag. My mom lives in a perfect spot; it's central, close to the beach and easy to walk most places. Just perfect for us right now. So many more photos and stories to come...

10 comments:

  1. beautiful pics! looking forward to see and hear more of your vacations :) have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Have a great time at home. Bet you'll be busy, everyone will want to see little Clementine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two months is wonderful Gaby - Vancouver is looking as gorgeous as ever :) Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Vancouver! I was there a few years ago for a very short few days. I am hopefully heading over around November 2015. Can't wait to see more photos and even some ideas on some more secret local spots as inspiration in my planning my trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got back from Canada and the jetlag is killing me. Enjoy the rest of the summer, and I hope Vancouver isn't as buggy as Ontario was!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy every wonderful moment here in the Northern Hemisphere! I am sure your mother will be scooping up and kissing your sweet baby every chance she gets! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Enjoy every bit of your visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was just in vancouver! i left a piece of my heart there. it is so beauty full.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and i love the layout of the post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely! Canada seems like such a lovely place, I'm looking forward to seeing and reading about your stories of it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger