the first week

Wednesday, May 15, 2013









Two days after Clementine was born, the three of us came home and settled in. I don't think it's really sunk in yet that we're a family now, that we have a daughter. That first week my husband and I sat and stared at her for hours. Every twitch, sound and stretch completely captivating to us new parents. We also had many (many) moments of wondering, 'so, what do we do now?' Taking care of a newborn can be so scary, which is why I was extra glad when my mom arrived on Clementine's 6th day of life.

Between her and my husband, the shopping, cooking, cleaning and laundry have been taken care of. My goal has been to stay home as much as possible and let myself recover. Between endless feeds and long nights, I've had time to take a salt bath every day and usually have a nap as well. I am so grateful for all the support I'm getting; it really does take a village.

And our Clementine, sigh... She is just divine. A fairly chilled out little bub, she's happy as long as she's fed, changed and cuddled. When all else fails, a session of swiss ball bouncing with her dad usually does the trick.

Thank you so much for all of your messages of congratulations and well wishes here and on instagram. I'm planning to print them all out and put them in her baby book, beautiful wishes from all around the world. She's a lucky girl.

25 comments:

  1. such a lovely post!
    congratulations mum!

    much love from italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely adorable! Love the pictures so, so much!
    Love to read about her, I hope you're well and not in too much after-birth-pain!
    So nice that your Mum is over, I can imagine it makes everything easier to have two extra hands and a person who's been through it all before around!

    Lots of love! I am so, so looking forward to all your future posts about Clementine (what an amazing name, by the way!)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeee!! congratulations gaby! she's so gorgeous (and you have that new mom glow).

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear you are doing great! I remember those first days and I know what you mean it is scary but all that extra hands helped a lot and it gets so much easier.
    Clementine is divine you two look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so beautiful! baby looks so healthy! congrats again!
    kw ladies in navy
    enter our giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and baby look beautiful :) So nice that your mom could be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.) I love her hair.
    2.) You look incredible.
    3.) You're making me so anxious to become a mother.

    What a gem you are, Clementine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear you're all settling in, and how wonderful to have all that extra help. Yay for naps!! Your daughter is beautiful Gaby - hopefully I'll have a chance to meet her when you visit Van!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! I love all her hair, so cute!!!
    What a great time for you and your husband, I remember watching our little guy when we first brought him home in amazement to what we created!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Congrats :) You both are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those early days, I miss them! So glad you have lots of support and are taking care of yourself and congratulations again on your gorgeous girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful... congratulations again Gaby. Such a proud new Mama face in that last shot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful...what a sweet mumma you are and such a luckly girl that Clementine is to be yours. Enjoy...soak it all up xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, she's just gorgeous!

    xox Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  15. These pictures are just gorgeous! Congratulations on your bundle of joy, Gaby!

    ReplyDelete
  16. she is so sweet! and you look so happy! sounds like your new little family is doing just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SHe is just the perfect fuzzy haired little bundle. Bravo to wonderful helpers...you look so peaceful and calm. Enjoy lovely Gaby :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Gaby your new precious little one is so beautiful, so tiny and such a gorgeous head of hair. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. these pictures are beyond adorable. what a precious little lady. and you are glowing. congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photos. So glad you are finding time to rest and heal - this adjustment to parenthood can be tricky. By the way, you look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwww..... She is super cute :) Congrats! Btw I really like your blog. Just started following :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger