2 year blogaversary

Thursday, January 10, 2013




Two years ago today, I wrote my very first post on this blog. I had been keeping a private blog for about a year beforehand, just to share my Aussie life with family and friends back home. Somewhere along the way, I realized that I loved blogging and reading blogs, and decided to start a public one. I agonised over the name, and was sorely disappointed every time I though of a perfect name only to find out it was already in use. Eventually, I turned to music (one of my main sources of inspiration), and plucked a line from a song by one of my favourite artists, Sarah Harmer. To this day, I'm not totally happy with the name, but it has stuck. In creating a public blog, I also had to basically edit out my husband, which has resulted in countless photos of the back of his head over the last 2 years. We laugh about it often.

I continue to love blogging, and have met many "real-life" and online friends thanks to this space. A few of those friends have buttons on my sidebar, and I highly recommend checking them out. They're all awesome. I also like how this blog acts as a journal of sorts. When I wonder what it is I was doing at this time last year, or feel like reminiscing over a holiday, all I have to do is have a scroll through my archives and I'm instantly transported. I love that.

So what's next for This Little Port? Well obviously I'll keep blogging about my life, travels, crafting, yoga, food, and my pregnancy. To be honest, I'll probably be posting about pregnancy and this baby quite a bit and I hope it won't be too annoying! I've also been thinking that this year I'd like to focus on quality over quantity. For the past 2 years I've tried my hardest to blog 5 times a week but lately, I've often felt disappointed with my posts. It's not that I don't have ideas - I have a list of things to blog about right now! I'm just finding them hard to execute. My photos don't turn out the way they look in my head, or I have trouble expressing myself. So this year, if I blog 2 to 3 posts each week that I'm proud of, I'll be happy.

Finally, I wanted to thank all of you who take the time to visit this blog! I cherish every comment and email I get. And even if you don't say hi, I still love you all the same :)

xo
Gaby

24 comments:

  1. Happy blogaversary to you, Gaby! I understand completely about the name, I, too, sought musical inspiration for the title of my little bloggy space xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. consweetgratulations on our two year anniversary of this wonderful space!

    I just wrote a post yesterday on reflecting on my space too a bit.

    i look forward to all your posts, so whatever season you are in, or whatever is on your heart, share away!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely wee blog, congrats! thanks for reminding me of sarah harmer too, its been too long...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on two years! Can't wait to see the little bebe :)

    -Jenna
    www.honeybeesandtealeaves.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy bloggy birthday gaby! I do love stopping by, even if I am really naughty and don't comment as often as I should.. your photography is always beautifully simple and elegant, as with your words. I will never tire of the pregnancy posts :) sometimes I wish I had started blogging earlier, at least early enough to capture my last (and final) pregnancy, as much for the journey of a third pregnancy and chasing two smalls, as for the photographic journey of a swollen belly :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog Birthday to you!!!!!!!
    A blog is a wonderful thing, I love looking back at old post and see what were up to a year ago or last winter.

    Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blog anniversary!
    I think it's difficult to constantly pour out five posts a week and for them to be perfect. My idea is to post a couple of times a week too, and I think you'll find it much easier. I haven't been following your blog for long, but I can't wait to see what you get up to this year :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm going to like that you focus on the baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogaversary!! (and the bump looks adorable!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday to you blog! i love reading all your posts! keep up the wonderful work!

    xoxo
    thelifeacquiredblog

    www.thelifeacquired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy blogging birthday Gaby! January must be a popular month to start a blog. I love the name of your blog. I have never really liked mine but it seems to late to change it now. And yes, I have the same back of head issue with my husband and children. You have to get creative with the the photography I find!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're blog is great and happy 2nd anniversary. Keep up the good work!
    ~ Hanna
    www.simplywanderous.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy blogiversary!

    I've been having some of the same reflections on quality vs. quantity and how much personal information to share. Your thoughts were really helpful to read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay! happy blogaversary! i'm so happy to have found your blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy blog-birthday! that is so sweet you got a cupcake for it. I so agree re. quality over quantity.

    xo

    ps. you won't be annoying. don't think that! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So incredibly happy for you - here is to MANY more years xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats on the 2 year mark Gaby!!! that's wonderful news and your blog is just filled with beauty. thanks for stopping by mine, finding out you're from Vancouver was enticing to me for sure. i can see you've made your way to new ground and are living it up the right way too :) many blessings on the new baby on the way too! so exciting. wishing you solid cheers + charms ahead for a fab 20XIII!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy two years Gaby! That's a wonderful milestones. You have such a lovely, fun space here. Look forward to reading more and sharing in more of your life as your journey continues!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pregnant women are smug, Chicka!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger