My creative Space: flannel booties

Thursday, August 11, 2011

DSC_0323


I'm posting these on my blog today because I'm pretty sure that by now they will have made their way over to the little feet they're meant to keep warm, baby Poet's. As soon as I heard that lovely Jodi had given birth to a girl I started digging around for some flannel, and of course the only flannel I could find was pink.

The pattern is Anna Maria Horner's cute-as-a-button-booties from Handmade Beginnings and the fabric is Anna Maria Horner's folksy flannels. You can see the one pair that I've made before here, and now that I've made 2 pairs I'm convinced that this is possibly the best baby gift ever. I do have one tip though: if you make these be sure to slipstitch the sole lining to the exterior of the shoe, fusible interfacing just doesn't do it.

Congratulations again Jodi! Poet is just gorgeous. For more creative spaces go here.

21 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love the fabric and colors!thanks for sharing the links!
    JenMuna

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, these are adorable, love the print & those buttons are SO cute. Great job Gaby. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE tiny baby shoes, they are so very sweet and cute :) well done, these look great! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy CUTES! so impressed that you made those yourself! great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are the cutest little booties. Thanks for stopping by and pinning my cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO sweet, I have the book too, is it easy to sew? I think this is a cute gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How super sweet are these! And beautifully photographed. What a lovely gift, I'm sure she'll be thrilled to bits. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how your booties turned out! in fact, they inspired me to make some for my little one (lucky i have the book with the pattern already!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These bootees are the sweetest thing! I totally love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness! these are the cutest things i have ever seen!!!

    http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look gorgeous! So nice that they've gone to someone who appreciates them too :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super gorgeous!
    Love, Nicky

    schlitzies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look so sweet and cozy. I would love to make them for my daughter! I also have lots of friends who are expecting... Thanks!

    Kacie
    http://www.acollectionofpassions.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. A friend just lend me her copy of the book last week and the booties are the first thing I'm going to attempt to make from it. Just can't decide on the fabric. Maybe I'll end up making many!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger