Raspberry and yoghurt popsicles

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Raspberry popsicles

We are in the middle of a very hot week here. Like 35 degrees Celsius hot (98 degrees Fahrenheit) with humidity. And let me tell you, I do not do well in heat like this, which is why it's so funny that I've ended up living in Australia. Last night it got so bad that husband and I dragged our mattress to the middle of the living room floor and slept below the air conditioning unit. So anyway, I decided that popsicles (or icy poles for my Australian readers) were what I needed. But this required going on a mission to find popsicle moulds since no one in my neighbourhood seems to sell them. A couple of hours and a shopping trip later, I came home triumphant and set to making my popsicles/icy poles. Want to know the recipe (if you could even call it that)?

You will need:
- 1.5 cups yoghurt (I used full fat because that's what I always have)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup raspberries (but any type of berries or even cherries would be good)
- a popsicle mould

Raspberry popsicles

Raspberry popsicles

Mix the yoghurt and honey together first, and add more honey if it's not sweet enough for your liking. Then stir in the raspberries.

Raspberry popsicles

Pour the mixture into your popsicle moulds. This quantity filled six moulds. Oh, and if you don't have popsicle moulds you can use paper cups with popsicle sticks. Stick your moulds into the freezer for at least 4 hours to freeze completely.

Raspberry popsicles

Enjoy your yummy and fairly healthy popsicles! And maybe consider eating them while sitting in a cold pool, that'd be even better.

7 comments:

  1. Yummo. They look delicious. Such a great way to cool down. We used to put grapes in the freezer for mini frozen pops of fruit!

    PS. Thanks for popping into my blog, Gaby. I always get a kick out of reading people's comments - especially as I've only just started out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look for realz yummylicious! Send me one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look really good and healthy too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum yum, those look amazing even if it is freezing out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good!! Are they really that healthy too?? I can't even think about cold treats like this right now though... We have pretty much the complete opposite weather here in Pennsylvania than you do in Australia! It was about 4 degrees overnight last night. Ugh, I can't wait for the warmth!

    We have been going climbing a lot. But right now, since it's winter and freezing outside, we just climb at a rock climbing gym. Once the weather warms up, we will head outside and I can't wait! There are apparently a lot of climbing areas in PA and West Virginia, so we'll be checking those out! :)

    Can't wait to see your Blue Mountain photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those look UH-MAZING.

    for reals. I want those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay yum. i'm buying popsicle molds just so i can make these!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

this little port All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger