Gifts for a babe

Monday, January 24, 2011

booties for baby

A few months ago, when my friend Caroline's babe was still in her belly, I set to making he/she some gifts. Luckily, I knew just where to turn. I had bought Anna Maria Horner's newest book Handmade Beginnings last year, much to the dismay of husband. I didn't want a baby or anything, I just happen to think that anything Anna Maria Horner touches is gold. So anyway, the first thing I made were these Cute-as-a-Button Booties. I made them with a tiny scrap of Prints Charming fabric and was so, so pleased with the result. The only advice I would give to someone about to make these, is not to rely on interfacing to fuse the inner soles to the booties. I added a few stitches to keep them in place, and in retrospect, I would slipstitch all the way around.

singlets for baby

I wanted to make the baby a couple of gender neutral outfits that matched with the booties, so I appliqueed these tiny singlets to match the pants.


Here you can see the front and back of each side of the Quick Change Trousers, also from Handmade Beginnings. These were super easy to sew, and they're reversible! How cool is that?


And finally, now that baby is out of belly, muma Caroline let me share these shots with you. Above is me holding little Lucas, and below he is wearing one of the singlets I made. Isn't he so cute?


2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics! I'm a newbie to your blog. Some really lovely things to look at around here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww isn't adorable absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

this little port All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger